Wednesday 25 July 2012

First day as a blogger!

Hello all. I hope you enjoy reading about my day to day wanderings in the world of fibre dyeing and spinning. Transcription work 3 mornings a week, then time to play!

Today I started dyeing an order of Mawata silk hankies for Birkeland Brothers Wool in Abbotsford. These hankies are incredible and the colours are absolutely brilliant. Watch for pictures once they are finished. I also washed my first order of Lincoln fleece from Feedererbrook Farm in Maryland, and will be doing some solar dyeing of the beautiful lustrous locks in the near future.

Tomorrow it is pack up day as I am off to join the Peace Arch Spinners and Weavers as a vendor at the Stewart Farm spin-in on July 28. This is a beautiful heritage farm site and what a place to spend the day with my fibre friends.

Tonight off to Vernon, BC to watch my grandson Quinn Smith play lacrosse with the Junior B Kamloops Venom, and hopefully close out the series with a win!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Lynne. I am struggling with the learning curve -

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to following your blog. Hope the weekend spin-in/vending went really well!

    ReplyDelete