Saturday 23 January 2016

My lucky purchase


A friend of mine told me of an electric skein winder for sale that she saw on a Yahoo group. My friend had purchased from this person before, so recommended her. This is what she sold me -
at about $600 less than buying new!






Oh my - what a time saver! I am in heaven!


What's on my wheel right now?



I have been spinning some of my hand dyed Bluefaced Leicester pencil rovings - and found out that plying after a couple of glasses of wine certainly changes the picture! I have different weights of yarn, some will be used for a cozy cowl, some for a hat. But the bobbins are almost a lace weight that I will ply, and have chosen two patterns. Any suggestions?







And I have finally figured out how to dye a self striping yarn! Even though the Seattle Seahawks didn't win this year, their uniforms are great! Making a pair of socks for my husband, who has discovered how soft and cushy hand knit socks knit out of merino/nylon can be.















No comments:

Post a Comment