Friday 26 August 2016

Some of my projects

I knit at night while watching TV, which keeps the hands out of the snacks! So I thought I would show you some of the things I and customers have made with yarn that I have dyed, which also gives you an idea of how the yarn works up.
 This is yarn dyed in honour of the Toronto Blue Jays. I cast on 68 stitches using 2.25 mm needles. I have a line of Team Socks in my web store, so this will show you how those colourways knit up.
This is a pair of socks knit with my Confetti colourway, also 68 stitches, 2.25 mm needles.

I have a line of yarn called Maryanne's Bliss, which is 70% merino wool, 20% cashmere and 10% nylon, and I have a gradient method of dyeing. This is a Pretty Basic shawl (pattern free on Ravelry) knit with one skein of the burgundy gradient on 4.5 mm needles.
This is a pattern of my own design (Maryanne's Shawl) which I give away free with yarn purchase. It is knit out of Maryanne's Sparkle in Dazzler colourway.

I also hand dye sock blanks. My friend Sheila knits the blanks for me with her knitting machine and I then go crazy. The sock at the bottom illustrates how they knit up. I dye them so that you can get a matching pair of socks if you knit one from the middle, and the other from the outside.


This is a Reyna shawl (pattern free on Ravelry) knit by a customer in Maryanne's Socks in my Licorice Candy colourway. So cool!



No comments:

Post a Comment